Monday, May 15, 2006

The Traveling Bookclub

Hello there my fellow bloggers and friends! I hope that you have not entertained the thought that I've forsaken you entirely...For I have not. On the subject of books and Vacation: When the time comes around for the season of Vacation, along with it comes the season of books. I absolutely cannot go on a trip without an excruciatingly large amount of books! I am an official booknerd! I absolutely love books. Past trips when I would be at my Grandma's, my seven year old cousin Rizo would be there also, and he would see Vanessa and I reading on the couch, and with great nerdiness he would pinch his nose and say in the proverbial librarians' voice "the book club has now officially started." What a cool cousin. Our recent nine hour trip seemed like a breeze...Thanks to the 17 books we brought along. Late into the night Vanessa and I were at the back of the van, lights turned on beside us, pages turning until we finally reached home. This is what you call a true "Traveling bookclub."

3 comments:

Larisa said...

Well Ben, I read one book called hidden places by Lynn Austin, set in the 1930's on a orage grove.
She's a terrific author...They actually made a movie about this book, which is not half as good as the read thing. Another book I read was by Linda chaikin, set in morroco in 1916...A mystery having to do with Egyptian Artifacts...Quite good!
I have to admit though, I didn't even get close to reading all 17 books I brought along....Just a precaution.

Larisa said...

Ben your officialy invited to join the bookclub...I can tell your a booknerd.

Larisa said...

Isn't it funny how it is a "cool" thing to be a booknerd? Look at us! We're all basking in the fact that we love books and proud of it!