Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Cup of tea!

It's been a great week, but I don't know exactly what to write a post about. So how bout I just tell you about a new song Van and I have written. Well... a few months ago I wrote a chorus about -"Water's pouring out into the dry land...rain is falling down from heaven above" and about how there will be great joy where there was sadness-wonderful peace for those who had none....And it has been a little hard to find a verse to go with it...It's one of those where you have to think and experiment with. So the water song has been "soaking" Matt redman on a interview I once saw said something really neat about songs "brewing and soaking". In his neat british accent he told about "how a good English person (or me) who knows how to make a good cup of tea will let it "sit and brew a little while" and how sometimes we need to let our songs "sit and brew a little while" in our hearts and so forth. That what the water song has been doing that's for sure! The funny thing is Vanessa and I haven't even tried to-but we are in the cycle where one of us will write a verse and not have a chorus to it, and the other will have a chorus and not have a verse - and we'll put it together and say "Hey! I like that!" And that's what we've kind of done with the "Water song" she wrote a verse and its been "brewing" and I wrote a chorus and it's been "brewing" and we've mixed our "brewed tea" and I think it's nice! So we'll see what happens, but that is what is up in the world of songwritting and myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear the new song!

Larisa said...

Sorry I can't name this one the "Cassie theme song"! Hehe.

Anonymous said...

I love the way you describe things Lar. Your thoughts always have such a unique spin. You are never boring that's for sure. Luv ya.

Larisa said...

Thanks Maddie! Congratulations on being able to get your license soon! Sounds like a plan.