Friday, April 07, 2006

The Friendship topic

I think this Wednesday, Jenny, Vanessa, and I are all going to talk together about friendship and the friendship David and Jonathan had...
If I get the nerve to...I guess I will do it.
I'm fine talking to people of all ages and all kinds so I really shouldn't worry about talking to them all together. Gosh...Anyways though if ya'll have any ideas, questions, comments, etc...on the subject, feel free to be munificent in the matter and share! Maybe I'll try and keep you up to date as We work our way through our outline. Now that should be interesting.
Proverbs 25:13
Reliable friends who do what they say are
like cool drinks in sweltering heat--
refreshing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have full confidence in all of you...I'm sure you will do a wonderful job. Just remember, it's God working through you!

Anonymous said...

Go for it, Larisa! I'm sure you'll do fine. It's a bit in-depth, but C.S. Lewis' book The Four Loves has a beautiful chapter on friendship. You might also ask Andy some questions when he gets back. His dad's organization (Care for the Family) just started a series on friendship, and Andy played at one of their events in the UK.

I think one great characteristic of David and Jonathan's friendship was the way Jonathan honored and preferred his friend, even when it became obvious that God had chosen David to be the next king, not Jonathan.

Larisa said...

Thanks guys! Y'all rock.

Ben do you happen to have the C.S lewis book?

I like that..About Jonathan preferring David. Romans 12 tells us to do that. In one Samuel 20? it says that Jonthan loved David as he loved his own soul...Pretty in-depth there.